Friday, September 21, 2007

9/21/07 Fri - Mia talked with Austin from A Great American Balloon Company

I talked with a new part time worker, Austin. I asked him if I could get a refund since they had not offered enough flights. He said that he had to ask his boss, but it seemed like his boss was not around. I mentioned that they hadn't flown on weekdays since 8/2. He seemed to be surprised to hear that. I asked him why flights get canceled even when the weather was exactly the same as some weekends they flew. Austin told me that the wind condition at 200 feet above was different from the land, and they release a balloon to check the actual altitude's condition.

I asked him when the next available weekday flight was. He gave me some days such as 9/27, 10/1, and 10/3. Oh, wait, what!?!?!? Just two days ago when I talked with Ron Lake, he told me that all the flights were booked until 10/15. Why suddenly there are so many openings!?!? The information Ron gave me 2 days ago doesn't sound accurate now. Did he tell me it was booked until almost 1 month ahead so I could not make a reservation!?!?

No comments: