Monday, September 17, 2007

9/17/07 Mon - Mia talked with Ron Lake

I called and talked with Ron Lake, a manager and co-owner of A Great American Balloon Company.
I asked him for a full refund since they are not providing us the service we paid for. Ron refused to give me a refund, and insisted they would fly. He told me that nobody had ever wasted their tickets they purchased. The balloon season is from June to October. If they keep canceling like they have been, we won't be able to fly then. Ron told me that we could try next year in that case. Next year!?!?!? I bought the tickets for my husband's birthday THIS YEAR!!!! They just keep OUR money for a year like this!?!? Who knows if they'll fly enough next year!? I'm not talking about some specific dates. We're willing to be flexible with our work schedule, and have been checking flight status everyday. If they don't fly at all, how can we fly!?!? Ron Lake mentioned that pilots don't get paid unless they fly. Then, who's keeping our money without doing anything?!? How do those pilots eat with a job like this!? Do they go to work everyday hoping they can fly and get paid, and end up coming home empty handed?!

No comments: