Thursday, September 27, 2007

9/27/07 Thur - Mia talked with Ron Lake, the manager of A Great American Ballon Company



Our flight was canceled again. This is the 3rd time. I understand that it was too windy today, but if they don't fly even on calm days, we'll never be able to fly. It doesn't matter how much they extend our expiration date.

I complained and asked for a full refund again, but Ron Lake kept refusing to do so. I again brought up that they were doing false advertising by stating that only 50% of the flights were canceled because of the weather condition.

Ron told me that some times nobody booked the flight so they would not count those times as canceled. So if they calculate the percentage of cancelations against reserved flights, it comes out to be "approximately 50%."

He kept stressing that it is "approximately 50%", but they've been canceling 100% of weekday flights for almost 2 months. How does it even get close to 50%!?!?

Also, I noticed when they say "we flew 10 times", it doesn't necessarily mean they flew 10 different occasions. If they fly two balloons at a time, then they call it twice. So, their "We flew 10 times this month" could mean only 5 different occasions but 2 balloons each.

After about a half an hour argument, I decided to make one more reservation. I was quite sure they would cancel it too, but what else can I do!?!?!? My next reservation is October 4th. Ron told me that so far, only two people had signed up for that flight, so even if the weather would be nice, the flight might be canceled unless the number of passengers reach six. Oh, well, a little over a week ago he told me that it was totally booked until October 15th. And now, he's telling me there may not be enough people!? He says the maximum number of passengers is 12. Does it mean suddenly 10 people canceled the flight, and nobody has taken the spot? Last time, he suggested to try next year since October is pretty full, and when I actually do make a reservation, he says there aren't enough people signed up. He doesn't make sense at all!!!! I've been in denial, but my bad feeling that this is a scam could be true........


No comments: